To import data from Graphene DB to Neo4j Aura, you first need to import the data to a local Neo4j installation. You can then upload the data from the local installation to the cloud(Neo4j Aura) using the push-to-cloud option.
- The goal here is to import an entire database from GrapheneDB into an existing Neo4j Aura instance and not just partial data.
- Please make the source Graphene DB, the local Neo4j installation, and the destination Aura instance are of the same Neo4j version (3.x, 4.x, etc.).
- Replacing the contents of the local Neo4j instance's data folder will result in the loss of any existing data in your local Neo4j instance.
- Existing data in the Neo4j Aura instance will be overwritten when the push-to-cloud command is run with the
Outline of Steps:
- Export the database's content as a snapshot from GrapheneDB.
- Load datastore exported from GrapheneDB into a local Neo4j instance.
- Use push-to-cloud to export the data from your local Neo4j installation to a Neo4j Aura instance.
1. Export the database's content as a snapshot from GrapheneDB.
- Download your GrapheneDB Neo4j instance's backup from the Backups tab, using the Download Option.
- If you want to take the fresh backup, please click Take Snapshot now, and a tar.gz file will be downloaded. This tarball will have databases and transactions folders for the database along with some additional files.
2. Loading an exported datastore into a local Neo4j instance:
- Download and Unzip the Graphene tarball into a folder on your local machine. e.g. C:\Import\GrapheneDB
- Stop the local Neo4j Instance.
- Replace the contents of the local Neo4j instance's data folder ( `path\to\neo4j\data`) with the contents of the folder C:\Import\GrapheneDB
- Restart the Neo4j server.
- Start the local Neo4j instance and verify that you are able to view your data.
3. Exporting data from your local Neo4j installation to a Neo4j Aura instance.
Once you have verified the data on Local Neo4j Installation, you can upload it in Aura using push-to-cloud.
- Stop the local Neo4j instance.
- Execute the below command after replacing the bolt-uri with Neo4j Aura instance's URL and database, username and password with your database's name, username and password.
$neo4j-admin push-to-cloud --database=<dbname> --username=neo4j --password=<your password> --bolt-uri neo4j+s://<dbid>.databases.neo4j.io --overwrite=true --verbose=true