Once you have used Aura Free tier and decide to move to run a production workload or need more data storage and resources to power your application, you would be wanting to use Aura Professional or Aura Enterprise.
Currently the migration process is manual, but at the same time it is very simple and easy:
In the Free database:
- [OPTIONAL but recommended] List the indexes and constraints.
- [OPTIONAL but recommended] drop the indexes and constraints.
In the console (Activities on Free database):
- Download snapshot/Dump locally (the daily automatic snapshot)
- In Aura Console https://console.neo4j.io/#databases select the database
- Go to "Snapshots" tab
- Save locally the Dump file (preserve the .dump extension)
In the console(Activities on Aura Professional or Enterprise) :
- Create a new database in Aura Professional or Aura Enterprise with the right resource sizing.
- Upload via Console drag and drop or push-to-cloud
In the newly created Aura Professional or Enterprise database: