When you create a database in the Aura console, you can either use the default secured generated password (unrecoverable) or set a password yourself at that time.
If you want to change that default password later you have the following options:
- Log into your Neo4j Aura console and open the browser (Neo4j Browser) using the launch button to the right of the database.
Note: To run this you could also use the Neo4j Desktop connected to your Aura instance
- In the browser’s command prompt at the top of the window, type the following command:
- Change your password on the graphical prompt:
- Launch a Cypher input tool, this can be any of the following:
- Neo4j Aura console
- Neo4j Desktop
- Cypher shell
- Run the following Cypher command (this will not seek confirmation on what you set the new password: