The email address used in the Aura console is the primary identifier and cannot be changed.
However, the Aura instance(s) ownership can be changed. There are two ways to achieve this requirement:
Option A - Self-serve: Transferring the data yourself:
With this approach:
- The DBID will change, and any of your applications that use the previous connection details will have to be updated.
- There will be downtime in your application during this migration.
- The new Aura instance will only have the data as of the snapshot time. Any changes to the original Aura instance after the snapshot will not be available in the new one.
- Create a new snapshot for the current Aura instance from the current owner's Aura console account - Managing snapshots and backups in Neo4j AuraDB
- Create a new account in the Aura Console with the new email address
- Add billing information for it - Please see this KB to see how to add billing information
- Create a new AuraDB instance in the new owner's Aura console account of the same size as the previous instance or larger
- Import the snapshot downloaded in step 1 into the new database using the 'Import Database' option
- Verify data integrity and destroy the old database if required.
Option B - Support assisted ownership migration:
- We (Aura Support) can transfer the Aura instance from the old Aura Console user to a new one(with the new email address)
- This approach will not have any downtime, and no changes will be required in your application as the DBID will remain unchanged.
Pre-requisites for Option B:
- An account should have been created in the Aura Console for the new owner's email address.
- Billing information should have been added to the new account. Please see this KB to see how to add billing information.
- You should have full or delegated access to both the old and new email addresses. We need explicit approval from both parties for the migration, as we have a contractual obligation to protect our customers' data.
If you would like to proceed with Option B, please make sure the pre-requisites are met and then create a support ticket with us for the ownership migration.